ScubaFreaks nuts V4A stainless steel M8 x1,25 1 pair
1 pair of V4A stainless steel knurled nuts e.g. for mounting your backplate on your double unit on the bottle bolts.
Be careful with knurled nuts that are made of cheap stainless steel like V1 or V2, this material is not sufficiently saltwater resistant. There is another problem: Screw and nut should be made of the same stainless steel quality to avoid electrical corrosion (galvanic element). Otherwise the screw / threaded rod and nut will "seize" (especially when diving in salt water).
Threaded rods and screws are generally made of V4A stainless steel in the diving area, also the nuts and wing nuts as these are standard products which are cheap to obtain.
With knurled nuts it looks unfortunately differently:
We did a lot of research and bought knurled nuts from various suppliers and analysed the material. The cheaper and easier to process V1A and V2A was used throughout.
Therefore we have decided to launch our own series and have knurled nuts made from high-quality V4A stainless steel X2CrNiMo17-12-2 W.-Nr. 1.4404 at a local company.
This has its price - but you get high-quality and cleanly processed goods that you can use without problems for a long time.
- Precisely made from high quality V4A stainless steel X2CrNiMo17-12-2 W.-Nr. 1.4404
- Prevents the screw connections from seizing up
- Sturdy, durable and easy to use alternative to classic stainless steel wing nuts
- Knurled surface for better grip
- Thread size: M8 x 1.25
- Weight per knurled nut approx. 35 g
- Outer diameter approx. 25 mm
- Height of knurled nut approx. 10 mm
- Colour: Nature
Made in Germany