Sidemount Set Apeks MTX-R TRAVEL / rubber regulator hose - SF-1 Edition
The MTX-R is based on the military used regulator MTX and is an especially resistant, robust and powerful regulator for all applications.
The MTX-R delivers excellent performance even in cold water, with significantly reduced risk of blowing off. This has been achieved through improvements in various areas, including an innovative solution in the cover, which finally offers a way out of the icing problem in cold water dives. This regulator has been designed to meet all NEDU (Navy Experimental Dive Unit) requirements for diving in very cold waters.
- Unique, overbalanced, diaphragm-controlled design - when the diver descends, the overbalance causes the mean pressure in the hose to rise faster than the ambient pressure. This results in superior breathing performance at depth.
- Compact, dry sealed diaphragm system eliminates maintenance problems.
- Groundbreaking, innovative overmolded first stage cover and dry diaphragm help prevent the ice build-up that causes first stage blowdown under extreme conditions and provide protection from shock damage.
- Only available with DIN thread, for 300 bar.
- 5 x 3 / 8 UNF (Unified National Fine) medium pressure outlets
- 2 x 7 / 16 UNF high pressure outlets
- Milled first stage housing has heat exchange fins for maximum thermal performance.
- Angled high-pressure outlets for optimum hose routing and transmitter attachment.
- Milled, rotatable housing head with medium pressure outlets, parallel aligned for improved hose routing.
- Ribbed diaphragm support for improved heat exchange during cold water dives.
- Hose with double swivel joint for increased freedom of movement and comfort.
- Tested for octopus use: EN250A to 60 m, cold water.
- Nitrox / oxygen compatible - up to 40% O2 (not within the European Union)
- Easy to handle, due to the absence of adjustment knobs and reduced risk of blow-off. Respiratory resistance or venturi strength can be preset by approved Apeks technicians.
- Powerful, pneumatically balanced, lever operated valve.
- Large, diver-friendly, self-cleaning, controllable air shower.
- Elastomer overmolded cover contains a chrome-plated brass plate and increases the durability of the second stage.
- Large elastomer side and top bumpers protect against bumps and scratches in the most sensitive areas.
- Reversible second stage can be configured for breathing gas supply from the left or right.
- The patented heat exchanger surrounds the valve mechanism and diverts cold from the expanding breathing air while drawing heat from the surrounding water.
- Features the innovative Diver Changeable Exhaust System (DCE). This allows the diver to replace a small bubble deflector with a large one. Both bubble deflectors are included with the regulator.
- Comfo®-Bite mouthpiece
The set contains
2 x Apeks MTX-R (DPT) DIN first stage with 5 medium pressure and 2 high pressure ports
2 x Apeks MTX-R second stage
1 x 210cm rubber medium pressure hose, black (DirZone)
1 x 62cm rubber medium pressure hose, black (DirZone)
1 x 25cm long Miflex - Inflator hose
2 x Slimline Finimeter SPG45 incl. Swivel (DirZone)
2 x 20 cm rubber - high pressure hose (DirZone)
1 x 90° adapter for the 2nd stage
1 x meter bungee cord 4 mm for the necklace
1 x stainless steel bolt snap 76 mm
1 x SF-1 ScubaFreaks regulator bag