TDI Entry Trimix
This course provides the necessary training and knowledge for planning and conducting dives with the mixed gases NITROX and TRIMIX (compressed air enriched with oxygen and helium) to a maximum depth of 60 meters including decompression stops.
The trimix course runs over three days. All dives are conducted with two stages.
Prerequisite: 18 years old, Advanced Nitrox/Deco Procedures Diver, diving ability, min. 100 dives?
- Physics: repetition of pressure theory, physiology: hypoxia, oxygen toxicity: whole body (OTUs), central nervous system (CNS), nitrogen anesthesia, nitrogen and helium uptake and decomposition, carbon dioxide toxicity, carbon monoxide, helium, HPNS effects on respiration, effects on insulation properties, counter diffusion, hyperthermia, hypothermia
- Decompression options: Air, Nitrox, Helium
- Equipment considerations: Scuba tank options, stage tank options, dry suit tank options, pulmonary options, urine/tarifier options, computer, depth gauge, automatic dive timer options, ascent and navigation lines (reel), lifting bags / marking buoys for drifting or free decompression, lamps, redundant mask and knives, Jon-Line
- Dive tables: Computer generated tables, DCIEM Heliox tables or other published tables
- Dive planning: standard procedure, support, teams: team planning, breathing gas requirements, oxygen limits, inert gas limits, emergency planning, missed decompression, oxygen toxicity, analysis and documentation
- general procedure: Bottom, travel and decompression gas, normal operation, failure, loss or improper emergency procedure. Analysis and documentation
- 4 dives, 2 of them deeper 40 meters - 100 minutes ground time
We start here with the theory, then the first skill dive.
All skills from the Adv. Nitrox & Deco Pro are checked here.
Afterwards the Theoretical Exam will take place.
The group is given tasks that have to be solved by the individual diver and in the group, in this TG the stress level is slowly increased by the tasks.
Trimix dive with TX 21/35 (+40 meters) two decogases correct dive planning by the student, gas management, and ascent considering the deco levels with two gas changes. Ascent reference may be the buoy rope, as ascent aid a Boldsnap may be used.
Like dive 3 but a bit deeper (+50 meters) and with TX 17/45